July 17-19, 2013
The world is coming to Mini-Cassia! This is the eleventh anniversary of this amazing event formerly known as Idaho International Dance Festival. Hundreds of families in the mini-cassia area have opened their homes to house our international friends.
As many as 200 performers will have the opportunity to experience rural America at its best! The teams will be featured in a variety of venues. The event is one of the biggest cultural events in Idaho. You won’t want to miss this great opportunity to learn more about the color, authentic costuming, live music and entertaining dances of the world.
Rupert Square World Festival: Wednesday July 17, 2013
- 6:30 parade
- 7:00 Teams are spotlighted on the gazebo, Giving you a taste of their excellent talents and music. They may even pick you from the audience to try one of their traditional dances.
Youth Culture Day: Thursday July 18, 2013
- 10:00-12:00 and 1:00-3:00 At the Burley High School
- Free event geared for children. Teams present 40 minute workshops. Come for one class or all day. The workshops include dancing, folk games, costumes and history. It is a very interactive learning experience for all that come!
- Free lunch provided at Story Book Park so bring your kids, grandkids, neighbors and friends. It is an experience that the kids will not forget.
Gala Performances: Thursday July 18 and Friday July 19, 2013
- 7:00 pre-show
- 7:30 Performance
- Tickets are $5, $10, $12.50
Come see a show that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
You will be enthralled by the diversity. Friday night’s performance is a totally different show with new dances and music.
Tickets available at Mini Cassia Chamber 679-4793, Book Plaza 678-2505, The Book Store 436-5661
For more information www.minicassiachamber.com/visitors/annual-community-events