Annual Community Events
Mini-Cassia is home to some wonderful annual events. Learn more about them.
The Idaho Regatta is a self-funding not-for-profit community event held the last full weekend in June. The Idaho Regatta Committee works year round to make this event an exciting and unforgettable experience. This event features some of the fastest flat bottom boats in the world. Some 75 boats enter the event each year which includes drag boats that follow a circular course at top speeds exceeding 200 miles per hour. Racing teams can expect beautiful weather, excellent water conditions, and homegrown hospitality. Race fans can expect 3 days of fun in the sun while meeting racers face-to-face and socializing with friends - not to mention some of the most intense competition on the APBA racing circuit. For more information about the event, visit the website at www.idahoregatta.com
July 17-20, 2014
The world is coming to Mini-Cassia! This is the eleventh anniversary of this amazing event formerly known as Idaho International Dance Festival. Hundreds of families in the mini-cassia area have opened their homes to house our international friends.
As many as 200 performers will have the opportunity to experience rural America at its best! The teams will be featured in a variety of venues. The event is one of the biggest cultural events in Idaho. You won’t want to miss this great opportunity to learn more about the color, authentic costuming, live music and entertaining dances of the world.
Latin Night: Wednesday July 16, 2014
- 7:00 pm guest performing teams from Colombia and Guatemala
- Local Talent
- Food Venders and dancing
- College of Southern Idaho Gym, Burley
Rupert Square World Festival: Thursday July 17, 2014
- 7:00 parade
- 7:30 Teams are spotlighted on the gazebo, Giving you a taste of their excellent talents and music. They may even pick you from the audience to try one of their traditional dances.
Youth Culture Day: Thursday July 17, 2014
- 10:00-12:00 and 1:00-3:00 At the Burley High School
- Free event geared for children. Teams present 40 minute workshops. Come for one class or all day. The workshops include dancing, folk games, costumes and history. It is a very interactive learning experience for all that come!
- Free lunch provided at Story Book Park so bring your kids, grandkids, neighbors and friends. It is an experience that the kids will not forget.
Gala Performances: Friday July 18 and Saturday July 19, 2014
- 7:00 pre-show
- 7:30 Performance
- Tickets are $5, $10, $12.50
Come see a show that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
You will be enthralled by the diversity. Friday night’s performance is a totally different show with new dances and music.
Tickets available at Mini Cassia Chamber 679-4793, Book Plaza 678-2505, The Book Store 436-5661
For more information www.minicassiachamber.com/visitors/annual-community-events
Come be a part of this celebration of culture!
Experience the World in a week.
The Burley Lions Spudman Triathlon is an event operated by the Burley Lions club and has become one of the Mini-Cassia's largest events. The Spudman Triathlon is always held the last Saturday in July so it's an event to plan on! Check out the on-line registration, rules and important information on: http://burleylions.org website.
The Mini-Cassia area has many exciting events year round! With an obvious focus on outdoor recreation and family values, you are sure to find something fun for the whole family! Take a look at some of the annual events that have made the Mini-Cassia area famous...